Enjoy Our Favorite Nicasio Valley Cheese Fondue!
1 clove garlic, halved and peeled
1 and 1/4 cups dry white wine
1/2 pound Nicasio Reserve (shredded)
1/2 pound San Geronimo (shredded)
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons dry white wine or kirsch
salt and ground black pepper
1 loaf white French bread (cut or torn into bite-sized pieces)
1. Rub the inside of a medium stainless-steel pot with garlic, discard garlic.
2. Pour in white wine and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
3. Add the cheese a handful at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until each addition melts before adding
the next. (the cheese and wine will not yet be blended)
4. Mix together thoroughly the cornstarch and 2 T of white wine, stir into the cheese mixture.
5. Continue to stir and simmer until the cheese mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer to a fondue pot or chafing dish set over a flame, serve with bread.