- 1 lb fresh peas, in pod, shelled (about 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups) or frozen peas
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter + 1 T
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 c Arborio or carnaroli rice
- 1 c white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 1/2 foggy morning cheese
- 1 T lemon juice
1. In large saucepan, heat stock and keep it at a mild simmer, while you prepare risotto.
2. In another large pot combine oil, butter, shallot and cook over low heat until soft, but not browned 3-4 minutes.
Add rice and stir until rice is well coated with fat 2-3 minutes.
3. Add 1 c white wine stirring constantly until absorbed. Then add stock, 1 ladleful at a time and stir regularly until all the stock is absorbed. Maintain a gentle simmer. Rice should cook slowly and always be covered with a veil of stock. Continue until rice is tender, but firm to the bite 20 - 25 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, 1 T butter and peas. Taste for seasoning. Serve immediately.
Serves 4-6 people