- 1 pound dried Pappardelle or Fettucine
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 1 pound 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots (about 3 large)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 6 ounces Nicasio Square Cheese (about 1 pre-packaged piece), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and reserve 3/4 cup cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Over high heat, brown half the mushrooms, stir occasionally 6-8 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat with 2 tablespoons butter and remaining mushrooms; transfer to a plate. Add 1 tablespoon butter and shallots to skillet; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and wine; cook until wine is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add reserved cooking water; bring to boil. Swirl in remaining 3 tablespoons butter and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Toss pasta with mushrooms, cheese, and parsley until pasta is coated and cheese starts melting. Season with salt and pepper.
Serves 4-6 people